Wednesday 18 March 2009

Hot Wyred!

Well here I am (that’s me on the left), aching, but happy after my 5k run on Sunday through the Wyre Forest nr. Kidderminster in a not too disgraceful time of 32mins 14secs. The run was organised on behalf of the British Heart Foundation www.bhf.org.uk. I’m glad to report that I made it without the aid of oxygen or resuscitation, although I have to admit that with the last third of the run being all uphill (which no-one told me about beforehand) I did start to hallucinate to the point that everything seemed to be in slow motion and I swear I could hear the theme from ‘Chariots of Fire’ as I crossed the finishing line. I must say, thanks to my running mate Simon, we made a fine sight as we cut through the swathe of runners at the beginning - only for the swathe to cut back about ten minutes later. Seriously it was a good morning’s run and heroically (or stupidly) we’ve vowed to do it again very soon, so watch this space. I’m sure you’ll agree the photo portrays our lion-hearted ‘cry God for Harry’ determination to finish – before we collapsed exhausted over the line minutes later.

Carl Whitehouse

carl@stevecooper-crs.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment