It’s an interesting read and looks like the Regions are fairing better than London. We were asked to submit figures along with other recruiters about 6 weeks ago. You can see by the article that the emphasis for all recruiters is not to look to the past but to the future and how clients and candidates can get the best out of the economic downturn.
Here are a few brief comments on current times.
- It is more of a client lead market place – we are aiming for a fair salary for skills
- There is increase in both quantity and quality of candidates – ideal time to recruit high quality candidates.
- Candidates should take time to prepare CV’s & portfolios – first impressions count
- Digital is in demand as ever increasing business is moved online.
- Freelance – we’ve not seen a turn around yet but believe it will, to counteract consolidation.